Although it is still pretty recent we gotta give it to Affleck, this month's "Bigger Boat"! My feelings for Affleck are still the same, he is an excellent actor and a good director (see the different grades of enthusiasm), if this came up right after "Good Will Hunting" I would have been on board with it 100 % but I have to say I'm still a bit skeptical towards the news. Not because I don't think he will deliver in his performance but because of the character itself. Bruce Wayne is supposed to be a reserved and serious character and Ben seems to have that awkward feeling of skinny and enthusiastic boy.
The truth is I wasn't very found of the latest DC Comics franchise, "Man of Steel" was just not quite there for me so I guess trusting in this director's point of view might be a bit difficult for me but everyone criticized Jennifer Lawrence when chosen to play Katniss and a year later she had an Oscar in her hands and millions of new fans. After all Affleck did beat the odds, he took "Argo" to the top and he kind of proved Hollywood wrong and I'm pretty sure that however this ends up it's gonna be in his favor. And he does have the support of his long time friend Matt Damon:
“I think it will be great. It will be terrific. I know there are a lot of people grousing on the Internet. I just think it's kind of funny. You know, he's not playing King Lear. It's Batman! Certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw Argo or The Town, and all the work he's been doing lately, it's way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman! Batman just sits there with his cowl over his head and whispers in a kinda gruff voice at people. Bruce Wayne is the more challenging part of the role, and Ben will be great at that."



0 opinions:
Post a Comment