I must say that not many “old” movies have the power to grab the audience like “The Wizard of Oz”.
Based on L. Frank Baum’ s book, Dorothy Gale is a happy child living in Kansas with her aunt and uncle, when she is taken to the magical Land of Oz where she discovers many amazing characters and an evil witch.
In this movie what I liked the most was the diversity of colors and songs, many people would think this is a childish movie but it actually teaches you something. You learn that you should never stop dreaming because fantasy and creativity are your best friends. The first part of the film is colorless representing this away life in Kansas. That is just genius. Of course, when you have such a nice, sweet and clean character like Dorothy you get a bit tired, but there was no one better for the part than Judy Garland. I also think the argument is a bit repetitive, though, making the story a bit tiring.
The “Wizard of Oz” is a 1939 movie. Along with it, movies like “Gone with the wind” and a few years later, “Casablanca” make this era one of the best in Hollywood and this movie a complete classic.
It’s a MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIE, if you are a movie lover and you haven’t seen it, then you should just buy the DVD the first thing in the morning. That’s what I did! And remember “Follow the yellow brick road” because “We’re not in Kansas anymore”.




0 opinions:
Post a Comment