Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Conspirator

Although it is a 2010 movie here where I live it arrived this week! I really liked it, the fact that a man who didn't belived in the person he needs to defend but still does it no matter what. 
Mary Surratt is the lone female charged as a co-conspirator in the assassination trial of Abraham Lincoln. As the whole nation turns against her, she is forced to rely on her reluctant lawyer to uncover the truth and save her life.
I think this is a big return for Redford, an historical movie that touches all of us and shows how society can be cruel. James McAvoy has been a great surprise in this past years, i first saw him in X-men and now I saw that he as made fantastic movies and i'm sure he will continue to.
Personally I would take the hanging part because I don't think it was necessary to show it (but that's just my opinion), I really liked the typical true story text at the end showing how the characters ended up, it made think :"wow, this is just ironic". (If you have seen the movie you know what I'm talking about).


STARS: ★★★★


You can rate this and other movies according to your opinion below :) 






0 opinions:

Post a Comment